Key achievement for 2012 included:
- recycling 12,875 tonnes of discarded tires and tubes into tire-derived aggregate, crumb rubber, blast mats, moulded and other products
- an Eco-Fee reduction on the sale of new passenger/light truck category tires from $4.50 to $4.00
- a new Manufacturing Incentive Program supporting recycled tire product manufacturing;
- a new program video to raise public awareness and promote the program to Manitobans;
- an expanded year-round Be Tire Smart community education and awareness campaign;
- 14 Community Demonstration Grant Projects that used recycled tire products made from recycled Manitoba tires in community projects, and
- 3 Tire Recycling Innovations Grant projects to develop rubber devulcanization technology, study Manitoba’s tire derived fuel (TDF) market and initiate a tire shred gasification project.
For more information please take a look at the 2012 Annual Report (PDF).