- May 14, 2013 TSM HAS RELEASED ITS 2012 ANNUAL REPORT!
Key achievement for 2012 included:
- recycling 12,875 tonnes of discarded tires and tubes into tire-derived aggregate, crumb rubber, blast mats, moulded and other products
- an Eco-Fee reduction on the sale of new passenger/light truck category tires from $4.50 to $4.00
- a new Manufacturing Incentive Program supporting recycled tire product manufacturing;
- a new program video to raise public awareness and promote the program to Manitobans;
- an expanded year-round Be Tire Smart community education and awareness campaign;
- 14 Community Demonstration Grant Projects that used recycled tire products made from recycled Manitoba tires in community projects, and
- 3 Tire Recycling Innovations Grant projects to develop rubber devulcanization technology, study Manitoba’s tire derived fuel (TDF) market and initiate a tire shred gasification project.
For more information please take a look at the 2012 Annual Report (PDF).
- May 3, 2013 TSM Sponsors Bike to School
Bike to School is run by a volunteer committee of cycling enthusiasts, with support from The W.R.E.N.C.H., Green Action Centre, Manitoba Public Insurance, The North West Company & Giant Tiger, Tire Stewardship Manitoba and Canadian Automobile Association.
2013 is the pilot year, and will see six schools participating in May. More than 1000 students ages Kindergarten to Grade 11 will learn about cycling by taking part in activities ranging from cycling demonstrations, route finding, bike polo, bike obstacle courses, group rides and mechanics training. Most events will be held at the school, although Maples Collegiate will be running their Bike to School programme at Assiniboine Park. Bike to School has also assisted in providing bike cages, bike racks, helmets and locks at some participating schools, and offered training for teachers through MPI’s Cycling Champion Course. Organizers hope to have more schools participate in the future, with the goal of inspiring cycling education and programming in schools year-round.
May 15- Maples Collegiate
May 27- Hugh John MacDonald
May 28-Wolseley School
May 29-Valley Gardens Middle School
May 30-Niji Mahkwa
May 31-Elmwood High School
- April 19, 2013 Bicycle Tire Recycling Program Proposal
TSM is recycling bicycle tires! Please review the TSM Bicycle Tire Recycling Program Proposal and respond to TSM by Friday, May 10th 2013 with your comments.
- January 23, 2013 New Video